Survey: French and advertising on social networks
jeu., 24 oct. 2013 17:01:00 +0000
The IFOP and Generix Group undertook a survey into the purchaser feeling and behaviour of French people in relation to advertising on social networks. With 32 million active users on social networking sites, brands are increasingly investing in this media to broadcast their adverts.
- Over 2 in 3 French people (68%) declared that they do not care for social network adverts;
- Circa 2 in 3 French people (62%) deem it less interesting that consumer opinions, this is, for 59% of them, needless as it is poorly targeted;
- In future, over 8 in 10 French people hope that advertising will take up less space on social networks;
- Only just over 1 in 5 French people (19%) have already undertaken an online purchase after seeing an advert on these networks;
- Sharing purchases with a community on a social networking site is today not in the customs of French people: 1% of people do this automatically, 9% occasionally, with 75% never doing this.