Forecasts of strong mobile ecommerce growth in 2015 in France
mer., 18 mars 2015 10:52:00 +0000
According to the Centre of Retail Research of Nottingham, projected growth of the m-commerce market (commerce via tablets and smartphones) could reach 89% in 2015, in France.
The referenced study was realised in January 2015 by this research centre for RetailMeNot by analysing the growth of on-line sales (off-tickets, vacations, insurance, financial services, cars and food service) in eight European countries, Canada and the United States.
France records less growth in this sector as compared to its European neighbours, but the forecasts of the study could provide interesting elements to take into accounts for e-commerce actors in the nation.
Here are the main figures to retain:
- 7 billion euros, is what the m-commerce market could represent in 2015 (3.4 billion in 2014);
- 16% of m-commerce spending could be made in France in 2015 (this is 2.5 times less than Germany which peaks at 39%);
- 88% of e-commerce purchases will nevertheless be made by computer in 2015 (the remaining 12% could be equitably distributed between smartphones and tablets);
- A growth forecast of m-commerce on the smartphone of 114%;
- A growth forecast of m-commerce on tablets of 64%;
- Approximately 1 French person on 2 visited an on-line boutique during the course of the three months preceding the study.
All of the results of the study in computer graphics realised by RetailMeNot, France.