Finance law 2015: new provisions pertaining to legal aid
lun., 23 févr. 2015 10:34:00 +0000
2015 Finance Law N° 2014-1654 of 29 December 2014 presents numerous provisions relating to legal aid whether with respect to its scope or its financing.
Three scopes are involved:
- The scope of assistance for intervention by the lawyer
Revision of the principle of remuneration of the lawyer who intervenes in the following cases:
1) Appearance before the public prosecutor
2) Approval of a penal transaction
3) Appearance before a sentencing commission
- Financing of legal aid
Various measures of fiscal order became effective as of 1st January 2015.
1) Increase of 2.6% in the tax rate for contracts for liability insurance
2) Increase in the fixed-rate bailiff tax
3) Increase in the fixed fee for proceedings before criminal jurisdictions
- Admission to legal aid
The 2015 Finance Law, and its Article 2, provides for a 0.5% increase to the means ceiling for the admission to the AJ.
To consult the 29 December 2014 circular of the Ministry of Justice, click here: