Digital media in the USA: mobile applications ahead of the pack
mer., 10 sept. 2014 06:00:00 +0200
According to a survey undertaken by the American survey institute comScore Inc. on mobile consumption in the USA, the latter has been under constant growth since March 2013 and June 2014. Whilst consumption of virtual media via office workstations has dropped from 53% to 40% over the period, consumption via mobile applications is up form 40% to 52%. Time spent in front of screens is changing from computers to smart phones or tablets.
Increasingly, in looking at how internet users consume information on their mobile devices, it can be observed that:
- From 8 minutes spent in front of a mobile screen, 7 are via an application;
- Circa 57% of US users of smartphones open at least one mobile application per day (compared with 26% for tablets);
- 34% of web users download at least one application per month;
- From the entire time spent consulting mobile apps, 42% is on a single app.
- 3 in 4 minutes will be spent on favourite apps, which number 4.